When food and shopping can be delivered to your doorstep, can SIM cards be far behind?
The digital age has brought the entire world closer. Whatever you need is now (literally) at your fingertips. If you’re hungry late at night, you can pick up your mobile phone and order dinner. If you have little time to go shopping before a party, you can order all you need – clothes, shoes, bag, jewellery, makeup, perfume – from your favourite shopping app in just a few minutes.
The point is, your smartphone enables you to order whatever you need without having to step out of your house. Doorstep delivery is possible for everything, from cereal to clothes. But have you ever ordered a SIM card online?
Now you can. Airtel prepaid SIM is now available for purchase online. And the SIM card is delivered to your doorstep within 24 hours.
Get your Airtel prepaid SIM delivered to your home
If you thought that groceries being delivered to your home within just an hour of placing the order was the last word in customer service, think again. Telecom brands like Airtel have now made it possible for customers to not just order prepaid SIM cards online, but to also have them home delivered!
It’s a revolutionary new concept in SIM card purchase and connectivity, and Airtel pulls out all the stops to ensure that the buying and usage process are extremely hassle-free for customers. Here’s how you can get your new Airtel prepaid SIM:
- Access the Airtel web portal or smartphone app to check new packs in prepaid for Delhi.
- There are currently two excellent packs: Rs 248 for 28 days and Rs 495 for 84 days. Both packs offer 1.4 GB daily data, unlimited calls and free access to Airtel TV Premium app.
- Enable Airtel to contact you by giving out basic information on the form provided on the web page. Enter your details (Name, mobile number, address, pin code, locality, and whether you want a new phone number or wish to convert to Airtel prepaid) as directed.
- Hit ‘Buy now’.
- An Airtel customer care representative will contact you within an hour of receiving your request for a new number or Airtel prepaid SIM. They will discuss your requirement with you and suggest the best available pack for your area, based on your usage, data needs, etc.
- Once selected, the prepaid SIM is sent to your residential address at a time convenient to you. Your KYC process is completed during this time, and a detailed application form with your latest photograph are also collected during the visit.
- Once your information and address are verified, your Airtel prepaid SIM is activated and you can start using it.
- Thereafter, you will receive an SMS alerting you about your pack validity and recharge date. You can recharge the pack at any time by paying online, or choosing a new pack from the myAirtel app if you need a new one.