An outdoor patio umbrella happens to be an amazing method of enjoying your outdoors and is one investment that adds much to the value of your home. When made of the right fabric, a patio umbrella can help protect from damaging UV rays, which causes skin cancer. This also provides you and your loved ones, a wonderful space to entertain or relax.
In recent times, umbrella design has improved and become much of a fashion statement for the decorator for outdoor rooms. It has turned into a centralizing theme and a fun element for home décor. In fact, nowadays, a patio without its own umbrella just doesn’t feel right.
One can have lots of fun choosing from umbrellas. There are thrilling choices of fabrics and you can even get the good bargain from e-commerce stores. But, where do you begin? How to select the best umbrella for your patio?
Since there are a variety of fabrics, structure materials, colours, and shapes, it could be tough picking the best one for you. Here are some major types to help you make the choice of outdoor umbrella Brisbane:
- These have an unmistakable, traditional look.
- These have always been part of the luxury garden furniture.
- They have a distinct bell shape which goes back to an era when patios were the center of family recreation.
- Small in size, they are the great addition to courtyards, backyards and small patios.
- For a completely classic look, pair them with wicker or rattan furniture.
Wooden Market Umbrellas
- These umbrellas can be used to define rustic luxury.
- They are inspired by the original street market umbrella which ushered in the outdoor DIY umbrella. They have come a long way ever since.
- They are excellent for creating a chic environment and have become very popular.
- Look out for umbrellas made of hardwood like teak as these are water repellent and bug-free.
Fiberglass Wind Resistant Umbrellas
- Originally, fiberglass was the costliest material to make umbrellas.
- It is surely stronger and superior in coping with high wind conditions, in comparison to wood or aluminum.
- Their distinctive feature is that fiberglass ribs can flex and bend in face of wind pressure, but will snap back to shape. As per reports, these umbrellas can endure winds of the speed of 50mph. Little wonder, why they are termed as wind resistant umbrellas.
- These are modern, café style patio umbrellas which are very popular for their features and durability.
- The material, aluminum is lightweight and will not rust. It is available in an array of frame finishes which can complement any home décor.
- Such umbrellas often have special features like automatic tilting.
- They suit the variety of looks like hotel poolsides or sidewalk cafés.
- One hindrance with outdoor umbrellas is the pole in the middle.
- Offset umbrellas set the pole to the side, which is offset from the center and offer more room for shade.
- Found usually in stylish cafes, these commercial outdoor umbrellas look good.
- They are also good for spas and pools.
These are some aspects about outdoor umbrellas.