A day care center must have a confinement nanny work permit fulfill the function of educational center and not be merely a kind of children’s parking. In this sense parents should inform you about several day care centers and choose the one that best fits general criteria of child care, education and comfort. When you have found a good nursery, it is preferable that you wait for spring to start taking the child, as this will greatly reduce the risk of contagion of diseases that exists during the winter months.
How to assess the quality of a daycare?
In addition to talking with the people in charge of the center, try to contact other parents who take the children to the same daycare to find out details of the internal functioning.
- The recommended area for each child is at least 4 m² in children under one year, 3 m² between the year and 2 years and 2.5 m² between 2 and 3 years.
- The toilets have to be adapted to children and must have an area specially adapted for changing diapers.
- It is recommended that there is a sink for every 10 children, outside patio, good ventilation, pleasant temperature and adapted furniture.
- There must be accident prevention systems, such as safety plugs, water temperature limiters, protections on doors, stairs and windows, and devices that prevent access to the kitchen, first aid kit and closet of cleaning products.
- Toys and educational materials must be of good quality and in good condition.