Nadine Gourkow knows that almost everything tastes better when it is deep-fried. However, no ingredient tastes better from a bath in hot oil quite like chicken. When there is nothing else on the menu or at home, the easiest ingredient to work with is chicken. In fact, many chefs always put a chicken dish on their menu for the person that doesn’t know what to eat. There are hundreds of fried chicken restaurants in Canada and each is unique in taste, texture, and technique.
Fabulously Fried Chicken
If you are visiting any of these major cities in Canada, it is imperative that you make sure at some point this coming year that you take time to pick up some fried chicken from one of these restaurants.
- AnnaLena – Located at 1809 W 1st Ave in Vancouver you will find the finest fried chicken in the city. Their chicken batter has a buttermilk base and the pairing of it with hot mustard sauce makes it simply to die for. With each dish, you will find a mound of sliced turmeric and fried pickles. It may seem like it doesn’t go together but believe us, it does!
- Pizza Park – Yes, you read that right. If you think that you can only get Pizza from Pizza Park you are sadly mistaken. Located at 733 Bloor St W in Toronto, this pizza shop is giving fried chicken restaurants a run for their money. They will probably run out if you are trying to order it after a night out drinking, but if you know how to ask for it, the staff will prepare your drumsticks to order any time of day.
- Native Tongue’s – If you happen to be in Calgary and in the area of 235 12 Ave SW you can find yourself chowing down on some delicious fried chicken compliments of Native Tongue’s. Upon first looking at the restaurant from the outside you will not think that you will be able to find decent fried chicken in such a place. Native Tongue’s is a Mexican restaurant, but they serve the best fried chicken in all of Calgary.
- La Banane – In a restaurant that sounds like it belongs in Montreal, this Toronto based fried chicken restaurant at 227 Ossington Ave really does belong here. The chef perfected his recipe alongside a classically trained French Chef and serves up the crispiest fried chicken that you will ever sink your teeth into. This chicken is the only five-star chicken on this list and definitely worth a taste.
- Jollibee – With three locations to serve you in Canada, this Winnipeg based chicken restaurant is the biggest name on our list. They have two locations in Winnipeg and one location in Ontario. This is a Filipino fast food restaurant and by far the most shocking place you would ever expect to find fried chicken.
Nadine Gourkow loves fried chicken and wanted to share with you some of the best places that she has visited to get some finger-lickin’ deliciousness. If you feel she missed one of the greatest, don’t hesitate to reply to this post so she can try them out next time she gets a craving for fried chicken.