Today whatever we purchase, the first thing that we lay our eyes upon is the label of the product, isn’t it? So, this makes it very clear that the labels must be perfectly designed and must contain all the important things that are required.
It is very vital to choose good assistance when it comes to the printing of food and drink labels. You must choose the one that can design and print the labels with utmost ease.
Now, all the food products and drinking products must consist of some very compulsory regulations.
Here in this article, we will see some of the important requirements to be mentioned in the labels.
The General Labelling Requirements
Here are the labelling requirements that should be compiled with all the pre-packaged food:
- The label should be in English or Hindi. With this, the label can consist of various information in other languages as required as well.
- The label must not have any information about the food which is not true, deceptive. If this happens then it can create a bad impression of the product.
- The data or content present on the label must be visible, clear and should be readable to the customers.
- The name of the food must be present with the name of the trade and description of the food. If in any case there is more than one ingredient present in the product then all the ingredients must be present in descending order based upon the weight and volume.
The nutritional data or the nutritional facts with every serving of the product must be mentioned on the drink labels. There should be some additional information like:
- Value of energy in Kcal
- The quantity of protein, carbohydrate and fat in the measurement of gram or ml.
Symbol Of Veg Or Non-Veg
All the products which are non-vegetarian must consist of a symbol of the circle which is filled with brown colour in a square. If food has egg in its ingredient, then the manufacturer must mention that the product only has eggs and add the symbol.
And, the packed food with all the vegetarian ingredients must consist of a symbol of the circle which is filled with green colour in a square.
Data About The Additives And Flavours Added In The Food
The food additives and flavours that are present in the food products must be mentioned and with it the particular names. The addition of colour must also be mentioned on the label with the statement “Consists of permitted natural colours”, just below the list of the ingredients.
Entire Name And Address Of The Manufacturer
The entire address and name of the manufacturer should be written on all the packages of the food and drinks. If the food is imported, then the details of the importer must be mentioned.
The food labels must consist of the quantity of the food through weight or volume. The total quantity must avoid the weight of the wrapper and the packaging material.
Instructions For Food
The instructions for food must be mentioned if there is any so that correct utilisation of the food is done.
It is very important to follow the rules mentioned above. You must opt for assistance that is aware of all the requirements mentioned above and will include everything in the label of your product making it completely final for approval. Be it food labels all the requirements must be fulfilled.