Are you riding the big data wave? Or are you planning to ride one? If yes, then you must know that big data is creating huge waves or should we say tides in an IT industry with its different roles like Big Data Scientist, Big Data Engineer, Big Data Analyst among others.
While all the roles in the big data framework are important and high in demand, however, data scientist and data analyst are the two prominent ones that are high in demand. So let’s understand what or who is a data scientist or a big data analyst?
Big Data Education, And Big Data Services
Once you have decided to pursue a career in big data then you need to know all about big data education and where all big data services are being offered. So let’s have a look at what is big data education all about –
Technical and soft skills are other prerequisites to succeed in your career. Whether you want to be a big data analyst or big data scientist you need to be adept with the following:
- Certifications: Once you have acquired the required skills for a big data career then comes certifications. Certifications are a third party validation and showcase your dedication and devotion towards your job to the recruiters. You may go for or big data analytics certification and then climb up to the big data science certifications. Certifications from a reputed body will add to your resume so choose wisely from the range of certification bodies like Hortonworks, Cloudera, DASCA, and Dell EMC Big Data Certifications.
- Languages: Another important thing when planning a big data career is programming languages. Programming Languages are mandatory because most of the data coding is done in programming languages. R and SAS are the two languages that you need to be proficient if you want to pursue a big data career
- Education: Master’s degree and Ph.D. in mathematics and statistics are a basic prerequisite for both data scientist and data analyst. You can also be either a post graduate in computer science or an engineering.
- Soft Skills: You need to have excellent communication skills as it will definitely come handy when offering solutions to the other team mates post cleaning the data and sourcing information from it. You also need to have excellent analytical and problem solving skills. In addition, you need to have the ability to visualize your findings in an attractive and effective way.
- Technical Skills: You need to have upgraded technical skills like python coding, Hadoop platform, and SQL Database.
So this was all about the big data education, skills and qualifications, now let’s look at the big data services. What are big data services and how can you as an entrant to big data industry make the most of it.
Big Data Services are essentially the fields or industries where in big data is being used to make informed decisions. Big Data is being used in education system, in parenting communities and other hospitality services. In the field of education, while big data is helping in numerous ways here are four major reasons why the education system is adopting it.
- Improve Student Results
- Help in creating customized programs for all students
- Real time learning experience will improve
- Big Data will help in reducing dropouts and increase the passing results
Big Data has entered into the business houses and is helping them making some informed decisions thus helping them in achieving their quarterly and yearly goals.