Dental veneers are tooth-coloured shells, which are thin and they act as a protective layer for your teeth. They are used on your teeth’ front surface to improve their appearance. This is a cosmetic dental treatment that treats minor chips and tooth discolouration. The veneers are often made from porcelain or composite resin materials and can be permanently bonded to your teeth.
What Are The Benefits Of Getting Dental Veneers?
Getting dental veneers comes with several benefits apart from improving the appearance of your smile. It gives you a brighter and even smile along with the following advantages:
- Good quality veneers Essex can treat broken or chipped teeth.
- They can help you cover severe discolouration and are a great option for people who cannot undergo teeth whitening for any reason.
- It helps to fill the gaps between teeth.
- It helps to even out the pointed or unusually-shaped teeth.
With proper maintenance, veneers can last for several years. It also depends on the quality of the veneers you choose. This semi-permanent investment can improve your confidence to smile publicly without hesitation.
Are You A Candidate For Dental Veneers?
Whether you are a candidate for veneers Essex would be decided by your dentist. It is one of the most effective tools that can help improve the appearance of a person’s smile. It is a great option for anyone who wants to improve the way their smile looks. But to get it, your oral condition should be in place. Your cosmetic dentist will thoroughly evaluate your mouth and decide if you are the right candidate for this treatment. So, if you are considering getting dental veneers, getting in touch with an experienced dentist who offers quality treatments is essential. Generally, a person is qualified to get dental veneers if:
- They have good oral condition along with healthy teeth and gums. They should not be suffering from cavities.
- Their teeth should have stopped growing, which means they should have reached full maturity.
- Ideally, they should not have a history of dental trauma.
When To Get Dental Veneers?
Dental veneers are chosen for cosmetic purposes, unlike any replacement or restorative procedures. It means there is no right age to get them. Some people choose it to improve their smile appearance, while dentist recommends it to others in situations like:
- Your need to undergo orthodontic treatment but have small teeth with little space between them.
- You have one or two broken teeth that need to be repaired.
- You have gaps between your front teeth.
Thus, it can be said that dental veneers serve a wide range of purposes. But most people get it to improve their aesthetics; they are hardly interested in its functionality. Visit your dentist today to know if veneers can help you with cosmetic dental rectifications.